If you want to do more with your finances than just pay taxes,
Rodrigues & Company is the place that will put you on the road to success.
Bristol County Savings Bank Building
215 Pleasant Street - 4th Floor
Fall River, MA 02721
Fall River Phone: (508) 679-6079
49 Alden Rd.
Fairhaven, MA 02719
(508) 999-0020 or (508) 993-2255
Fax Number: ( 508) 672-4938
Our mission is to provide the highest quality financial accounting, bookkeeping, tax and consulting services to a variety of businesses, individuals and organizations in the New England area, on a timely basis, at a cost which is beneficial to the client.
D.E. Rodrigues & Company, Certified Public Accountants, provide a unique level of service to a variety of businesses in MA, RI and throughout New England. Located in the heart of Fall River's business district, Rodrigues and Company affords its many clients extensive and effective accounting, tax and consulting services.
The success of working relationships developed through the firm's high level of professionalism and expertise has launched the firm into new and progressive areas of accounting from client-centered services and seminars to computer consulting, business and marketing plans.
We focus on establishing business partnerships that integrate all the financial needs of your company. Rodrigues & Company doesn't confuse your annual report with the real and human requirements of your company.
We are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Division for Firms and are also qualified to perform peer reviews for other CPA practices. In fact, many CPA firms throughout New England have engaged Rodrigues & Company to not only perform their peer review but to consult with them on various practice management issues unique to CPA firms.
At Rodrigues & Company we strive to:
- Help the small business owners gain a better understanding of his/her company.
- Advise business owners on how to turn a failing business into a more profitable business.
- Provide important business advice to the business person looking to expand, franchise, sell or become public.
- Analyze the company's resources: inventory, employee delegation, efficiency.
- Work with the business owners to retain their employees by providing consulting on the development of savings and retirement plans, benefits, and screening
- Show business owners the importance of tax planning and the significance behind certain income tax elections (i.e. Subchapter S vs. a C, Sole proprietorship, partnership, limited partnership, etc.)
- Improving billing and collection procedures for your company.
- Evaluate computer needs.
Douglas E. Rodrigues, CPA
Mr. Rodrigues spent several years at J.G. Hodgson & Co. in New Bedford, Massachusetts and more recently with O'Connor & Drew in Quincy, Massachusetts as their Director of Management Advisory Services and Ernst & Young in Providence, Rhode Island in their small business practice group.
Mr. Rodrigues has extensive experience in auditing and accounting, tax and consulting in various areas and industries, especially privately-owned businesses and non-profit organizations.
Mr. Rodrigues is an active member of many civic and professional organizations. Memberships include the Fall River Chamber of Commerce, the Fall River Rotary Club, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, (Tax, Consulting and Personal Financial Planning Divisions) Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Tiverton Lions Club, and a variety of non-profit organizations in the Southeastern Massachusetts area.
Mr. Rodrigues is the 1999 recipient of the Massachusetts Accountant Advocate of the Year award presented by the Small Business Administration.
Melissa Thomas, CPA
Melissa Thomas is affiliated with new location in Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Fairhaven accounting firm owner Melissa Thomas, CPA formed an alliance with Fall River firm and managing director Douglas Rodrigues, CPA of D.E. Rodrigues & Company, Inc. on September 30, 2008. This alliance will culminate in 2010 with D.E. Rodrigues & Company acquiring Ms. Thomas’ firm. With this affiliation, the firm will have offices in both Fall River and Fairhaven.
Ms. Thomas’ firm first founded by her father, Thomas Thomas, CPA, provides a full range of accounting, tax, bookkeeping and payroll services to privately held businesses in the South coast region.
Over the next 24 months both firms will be focused on making a seamless transition while providing ongoing and comprehensive accounting services.
At Rodrigues & Company, our vision doesn't end there. You and your family also have needs that may or may not relate to or affect the business. As your financial partners, we also strive to:
- Work with your personal finances to ensure that your personal assets are protected from the corporate assets.
- Work with your personal finances to ensure that your personal assets are protected from the corporate assets
- Develop your personal financial plan to ensure that you will achieve both your professional and personal goals
- Point out estate tax issues that may become a burden to you or your family
- Make our clients aware of their other financial needs including investment strategies, insurance analyses, higher education, tax shelters and retirement planning.
We are proud of our achievements and look forward to serving you in the future.